Academic Research provides important insights for Product Design,
but academic findings are rarely applied in industry.
I interviewed 22 design practitioners to identify what informational resources
they use in their work and how these support their workflow.
The next step is designing an interface where designers and researchers
can collaborate and share information.
Read the paper here. It was published at DIS'17 and received an Honorable mention (top 5%).
Facing membership growth and increasing
demand on its services, small non-profits are required to creatively adapt
their work practices re-articulate their process. Our research team conducted
observations and interviews fieldwork in the West Seattle Tool Library (WSTL).
We asked, “How does the core team of the WSTL manage its inventory,
labor and finances in the face of increasing demand?”
Read the report for findings.
This study provides design implications for designing
social comparison feedbacks to motivate higher performance among gamers.
We tested two experimental designs: a) comparing users to a target described
as a similarly experienced player, and b) adjusting the visual representation
of performance so player scores appear closer to the comparison target.
Both feedback techniques improved experienced gamers performance.
Read the paper for findings. It was published at CHI'16.
As a UX Researcher Intern in the Groups team, I worked on a research project to identify opportunities for new interfaces. I planned and conducted a study using different a mixed-methods (diary study, survey, log analysis) approach.
As a UX Researcher Intern in the Growth & Solutions team, I conducted user research on the ads creation platform; collecting and analyzing data through interviews and concept testing; and working cross-functionally with Designers to incorporate findings into the product cycle.
At Resultados Digitais we identified low engagement in the email campaign builder. I created an interview protocol to learn more about how client plan, create, and send out email campaigns. I identified opportunities to increase trust in the use of our tool. Supported by this qualitative data, I designed a prototype to use in contextual inquiry.